Baron Bigod is a brie like no other you have tasted! This is a firm or I should say squishy favorite of the Norfolk Cheese Company and our customers. farmhouse Brie style cheese made by Jonathan and Dulcie Crickmore in Bungay, Suffolk, England. It is made from the unpasteurized warm milk of red and white Montbeliarde cows that graze the lush marshes of Stow Fen. The cheese is ladled only by hand and aged for up to 8 weeks in a natural, cave-like environment.
A handmade cheese, Baron Bigod has a smooth, delicate silky texture and golden paste with long-lasting warm earthy mushroom flavours.
- Made from pasteurised cow’s milk
- Vegetarian: no
- Type: soft, artisan
- Texture: creamy, smooth, soft and soft-ripened
- Colour: yellow
- Flavour: creamy, earthy, mushroom
- Aroma: barn yard, mushroom
- Producers: Fen Farm Dairy
- Country of origin: England, Great Britain and United Kingdom
- Region: Bungay, Suffolk