TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are whose trading name is The Norfolk Cheese Company registered in England and Wales under number whose registered office is at 9 The Crescent, Wisbech PE13 1EH. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
2. Delivery Location means the delivery location specified by the Customer;
3. Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
4. Order means the Customer’s order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
6. Website means our website www.thenorfolkcheesecompany.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
- The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website.. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied. Specifically, cheese is cut to fulfil a customer order and is as close as possible to the desired weight. Where one piece is below the desired weight the Supplier will seek to compensate if other pieces of cheese are being purchased on the same order.
- In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
- Cheese is a perishable product. It typically has a shelf life of around 10 days if carefully stored generally in refrigerated conditions. Customers should consider this when specifying a delivery date.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
BASIS OF SALE
- The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie; the Order Confirmation).
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree.
- Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order or using one of the other payment methods set out on our website and we can take payment immediately.
1. We arrange delivery to the Delivery Location using a third-party courier. See delivery
RISK AND TITLE
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is
overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
WITHDRAWAL, RETURNS AND CANCELLATION
- If you wish to cancel or amend an order, please contact us immediately. We cannot generally accept cancellation of orders of perishable goods but in the case of an agreed cancellation or amendment we will refund any amounts due to the Customer.
- You must inform us within 24 hours of any problem with your delivered order. Returns of goods for refund can generally only be accepted if the items were damaged before delivery to the Customer. Do not return the goods until and unless we request you to do so when we will arrange collection by a courier.
CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF EITHER PARTY
In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable
- The party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- The party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
1. The Supplier does not exclude liability for:
(i) any fraudulent act or omission; or
(ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for
(iii) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or
(iv) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer’s business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Customer – because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND COMPLAINTS
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days.
The content of these web pages is copyright to The Norfolk Cheese Company Ltd We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of in those sites, nor for any risks do you encounter as a result of accessing them.