Mrs Temples is a Norfolk cheese supplier who provides us with handmade farmhouse cheeses. They raise their Brown Swiss and Holstein herd on the grass meadows of their farm in Wighton, Wells-next-the-sea. They use the milk to make delicious cheeses and the leftover whey and other waste to produce fertilizer for the meadows and bio-gas to power the facilities at the farm, proving they care about the environment, not just their cows.
Walsingham is an artisan pasteurised cows milk cheese. The cheese is pressed and matured, with a crumbly texture and has been described as a cross between Wensleydale and Cheddar. A good all rounder and an absolute must have on any cheese board.
- Made from pasteurized cow’s milk
- Vegetarian: Yes
- Type: Hard
- Texture: creamy, firm but crumbly
- Colour: yellow
- Flavour: Good medium strength and well balanced cheddar style,
- Aroma: Mild and cheddar like
- Producers: Mrs Temple
- Country of origin: England, Great Britain and United Kingdom
- Region: Copy’s Farm, Wighton, Norfolk
Pairs well with – Candi’s Onion Marmalade chutney or a sharp flavoured apple.